7/11/06

Hello America!

I just wanted to take a moment here and say Hello! to all you fine folk coming over from Wikipedia (see entry: Roanoke, VA). Just one question for you all, whats with all the sudden interest in Roanoke?

I have months logged where I recieved nary a single hit from the Wikipedia entry, and suddenly - I am now getting steady traffic over from there. Why is Roanoke so suddenly popular?

Anyway, a small task for you folks - find me. I'm in the newspaper (again!), but this time not for Forgotten-Roanoke.com. So go hunting through the paper and let me know if you can find me.

No prize, this time. Maybe next time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps it has to do with Oops getting some national news airtime.

Anonymous said...

The quality of the Roanoke Wikipedia entry is pretty high; great work by whoever did it. I tried to figure out who the writer was but it seemed like the contributor interface was screwed up today. Did you write or contribute, RoanokeFound?

Anonymous said...

I know a couple of people who have contributed. Although they cannot take credit for the beginning layout. I would imagine some of the traffic is probably from the Oops story.

Anonymous said...

"The fragile first year of a restaurant is the one in which you find out that while your friends really liked the idea, your friends are not the paying public," said Keith Clinton, a businessman and chef in Roanoke.

http://www.roanoke.com/business/wb/wb/xp-73262

RoanokeFound said...

This actually has been going on longer than the Oops thing - I just didn't mention it before.

I did not write or contribute other than adding the link a year or longer ago.

Good catch Rhett, but no prize this time.