2/1/06

A word about the Governor

"A better way..."

All I kept hearing about last night was "A better way..." during the Democratic Response to the SotU.

And I kept thinking to myself, "If your looking to buy a Ford, there's a better way..."

He was confident, I will give him that much - but confident of what Im not sure. There was little substance in his reply, and he continuously touted Democrats and Republicans working together here in Virginia to accomplish things. Thankfully, mercifully, he must have told his speechwriters to forget Victory Stadium or the non-cooperation between County and City. True - those are bipartisan issues, but should not those who are identified with a party take a stand on such things, and have the partys backing - be able to gain support across both parties?

Then again, thats not much of "a better way" either.

He came across as confident, slightly arrogant, and the first time he mentioned "a better way" I will swear on my grave that I heard a NY accent. However what I found most interesting, during some points during the speech - he seemed truly suprised. He was reading from cue cards, which is no big deal - but it seemed like he had not read the text beforehand.

All in all, he looked like a son of James Carville should. He was well groomed for TV, prepared for his time in the spotlight. My only problem was with the eyebrow. God put that eyebrow down allready, stop looking so creepy.

/more posts coming later

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I see him I think of Jack Nicholson in The Shining...."Here's Timmy...."

Anonymous said...

.It's hard to be a politican, i imagine. But by that same token anymore politicans are so handled (cue cards they haven't seen and such) that is there a point to the system that churns them out.

if all our system can do is produce candidates and consequently officals who are glossy, ironed and ready for a poster w/o substance, is there a point? It seem the parties aren't really producing candidates anymore but trying to find the least offensive person to make a celebrity. lol

a bit jaded and exaggerated, but you get the point