11/28/05

I used to doubt...

But after seeing what I saw at the History Museum on Saturday, I am now convinced there is a Santa Claus. I thought maybe the world had gotten too jaded for Jolly Ol' St. Nick, but apparently not. There was still wonder in the eyes of the children, and the adults. This man held the crowd in the palm of his hand, with a gentle sweetness and soft story.

The museums display of Christmas figures from storefronts past was interesting, especially considering some of the figures were duplicates of the ones I remember seeing at the Macy's Santaland in Herald Square. Im guessing made by the same company, but it was interesting to see them after all these years.

My memories of going to see Santa always revolve around a train, a door, a rush, and a wait.

Those will come later this week.

I would kind of prefer it to actually BE December before I start pummeling you with Christmas past.

But I will say this much, there are things I have personally experienced in my life which give me good reason NOT to discount the existence of "The Man, The Myth, The Legend".

More on that later...

No comments: