8/3/05

BST13: Good Morning, mind if I take your blood?

So I'm beginning to see a pattern developing here.

the 5am Vampire Squad wakeup call. Around 5am every day, the Vampire Squad comes rolling through, stealing blood as they go. They are awfully polite about it, and very gentle when they do it. But its 5am.

I was previously asleep.

And you want me to take a needle? Hmmm.. can we reschedule?

I do have to admit, this day was fairly easy. Basically testing, testing, and more testing. MRI's - I got these cheerio's for my head - helps the images to line up I understand.

Oh - and I was up to my 5th or 6th bag of saline. Little tip for all you age-obsessed women out there - want younger skin? Get hyper-hydrated with saline. I had the stuff in spades, to the point where my skin and nails looked as if I was just born.

That pink that only babies can get.

I was so full of saline I could taste and smell it. My skin felt damp all the time, it was seeping out of my pores. That was the nightmare of the day.... the saline. I kept asking if they could turn it off for a while. Oh wait, there was another nightmare - the blood-oxygen sensor cuff on my finger. Apparently when your finger is not perfectly level - the machine goes off annoyingly - to the point where even the nurses couldn't stand the noise of it.

They knew I was fine, as they had just checked me about 5 minutes prior, but the cuff was not level - so the machine got noisy.

They threated to tape my hand to my chest if I could not hold it. And lord know I tried. But it would not stay. So they made good on the threat. They taped my hand to my chest while I slept, it was probably the best sleep I had gotten since getting the stupid cuff put on.

All were happy.

Other than than - it was just more testing, more saline, more bad tv, and more meds.

Tomorrow: BST14:Dilantin iz teh SuX0r

No comments: