8/2/05

BST12b: Just a little WHAT?

Allright, I'll admit it - I hate needles. I even broke out in a mini-cold sweat upon getting my PPD test today. (Got it for the new job, not for the WSLS Outbreak)

No, you don't understand - I really hate needles. It once took 3 nurses to calm me down just to get an immunization shot. One I had walked to, walked in, and walked out of 3 times prior.

Well, lets see.. Im being admitted to the hospital, and not for an overnight stay. Nope - Im being admitted for a stretch.

The docs want me hydrated. Apparently I was De-. The docs want me tested, bloodwise. The docs want alot of things, but most of all - they want in my veins apparently.

So I have to be outrigged with a gate-valve IV line. You know, those nifty things that you get so you don't have to continuously take new needles? Well, I was not thrilled with the thought of getting even the one to insert the darn thing.

But I was also out of my mind, remember? So somehow I changed the zoning regulations on my veins from a No Needle Zone, to Open for Needles.

I wish I had informed myself..

So I got the line-in. And they started me on the saline IV drip. Well, no, not drip - I had a push. If I recall correctly, the first day I went through 3 bags if saline.

Ugh.

But in nother news, I got to watch some interesting new shows. Like the West Virginia State Lottery show... Wow, was that a barn burner. God I'd love to see that again.

Of course, it might not have been as bizzare as I remember.

Thats a big might.

So tomorrow: Meet the Vampire Squad.

No comments: