7/19/05

roanoke.com - Extra stories - Art museum presents Impressionist work

You know, I was going to blog this. I was going to post one of the artists pictures, and talk about how they, while nice, were not great.

How they reminded me of old watercolor greeting cards.

But they're not bad, and thats not a bad thing. I don't know that I would find them fascinating, but they are nice enough. Remind me of the various postcards and clippings my grandmother used to save as inspiration for when she painted.

It's cool, and if thats what they want to display - fine by me. It's not my money.

But - if you scroll down the page a bit, you come across the Mill Mountain Theatre report.

Sounds like a good season coming up, although I have to admit 2 of the offerings scare me.

"Elvis People" about people who love Elvis. I see Elvis people. scary


And - the really scary one, "Mrs. Bob Crachit's Wild Christmas Binge."
Victorian Girls Gone Wild?
Yet somehow I am intrigued, might be a good year for a trip to the theatre.

No comments: