7/27/05

BST7: Ahh the retired life

Well, theres actually not too much to say about today. If anything of major significance happened, I don't remember it.

Basically, I slept fitfully at night. Woke early and ate little, sat at the computer for a good while.

There is one thing I remember, the smell. For weeks if not months, there was a smell. And my mother keeps an ultra-kleen house. I guess between that and the fresh moutain/lake air - I was really noticing this smell. Slightly bitter, slightly offensive, but not at all recognizeable. It was persistent, and much like a subtle undercurrent. I could smell garlic, but beneath the garlic smell would be this smell.

There never was a clear answer given, if it was my way off kilter bodychemistry, an olfactory hallucination, or just a funk in my nose. I actually felt bad, knowing my mother keeps such a clean house, to have to ask her if there was something in the house that smelled. Occasionally it would get overpowering, and give me a sinus headache - but that could have been purely brain-based.

I never had any strange taste, or sounds. No visual stuff. Just this smell.


No, I did not get it. I still don't quite get it. I've learned to accept it and move on. But boy, did it stink. Thankfully, now 3 years down the road I can report the smell has never resurfaced. Thats both a good thing and a bad thing. I'd love to find something that approximates that smell, so I can stop being vague about it. I'd love to say it was a funk "not unlike hot auto-exhaust ripened limburger cheese."

I guess then I may be asking too much.

Note: PodTest1 is nearly complete. Aiming for a 20 minute cast, or a tad less. Im only releasing this one by e-mail due to the music industry being lawsuit happy. Again, this one is for sound quality, and all the finicky crud. Again, leave a message if you want in.

Yes #1 - I know you want in. Calm... soon.

2 comments:

Bill McClure said...

Like yeah, deal me in. Is this Odeo or another, must be another, Odeo doesn't have publishing yet. You know the e-mail address already. Looking forward to it.

Bill

Anonymous said...

You're asking the wrong guy for patience. It could get ugly, you don't want to see this.