3/15/06

Oh - heres an interesting find.

While walking around downtown in the past few days, I noticed an absence of cars from a certain parking lot. Then I noticed concrete barricades at the entrances to that parking lot. Well, almost all the entrances.. there is one unguarded, and a few brave cars managed to herd themselves onto the lot.

This lot, which just last weekend was packed full of cars, is now vacant.

I was thinking, well - it must be getting near time for that groundbreaking.

Apparently I thought wrong.

"According to Landolt, parade planners were told construction of the new
Art Museum of Western Virginia would be under way, and they didn't want
to run into any last-minute problems." - 5 Things to know. RT - IO section.

Hmm.. ok - nevermind then. My bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im going to downtown Roanoke today, just during a short time (6:15 am to 9:45 am), I havent seen that parking lot since about 2 weeks ago, so im going to go check it out.