1/20/06

Just noticed something

Roanoke Times Victory Stadium Coverage

I'm beginning to wonder if the Times themselves are not responsible for the quagmire (yes, I said it) that is Victory Stadium? Reading the article, and thinking of past articles, it would seem that the Times is trying to manipulate the reader in several ways, from several angles.

And as always, rather than just reporting, they report with feeling. I don't know, like I said - it seems rather manipulative as I think about it now. And I realize that if the Times had any actual influence on Roanoke Im sure things would be very different, but with declining readership (all newspapers have this problem, not just the Times) it's gotta be tough holding onto that warm-fuzzy monopolistic grip over the Roanoke area.

No comments: