12/4/05

7-Day Forecast for Latitude 37.27N and Longitude -79.95W (thats Roanoke to us english speakers)

Allright - heres your official forecast. I am on the cusp of a decision here, one which should not be taken lightly.

I am getting fed up with the sleazy, brain numbing reporting of WSLS. Nothing personal against Karen (a peach), John (not so much...), Mark (wonderful guy), or Jaime (hyperactive monkey) - but the overseers of SLS have got to get a grip. They are driving me away, with the fear-monger reporting, creation of controversy, and near-gossip quality of the newscast itself - Im turning them off. Literally.

Plus, maybe its just me, but I actually like to hear Roanoke news for at least the first 10 minutes of the newscast. SLS feels I only need to hear about 2 minutes of Roanoke news, before moving on to national stories. And getting back to actual local news much later in the newscast.

I dont care if its been a slow news day, thats when you can really do some digging into stories you previously reported on and revist them. LOCAL stories.

So this is my decision - Im officially switching my allegiance to WDBJ. Besides - Robin and his weather are much less panic-inducing than SLS, but I will continue to use NOAA as my main source.

Call it growing up, maturing, whatever you want - but Im tired of the hype.. I just want the news.

Now if only I had that option with the Times.

Technorati tags: , , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

...the fear-monger reporting, creation of controversy, and near-gossip quality of the newscast itself...

I can't stand that type of "news", and that's the reason we switched to Channel 7 several months ago. If I want to see those type of stories, I'll watch Fox's Current Affair.

RoanokeFound said...

A Current Affair is still on? Wow.. The granddaddy of sleaze-journalisim, hosted by Maury Povich.

Although I didnt think Mr. Murdoch owned it, though its been so long I dont remember.