10/6/05

Wheres that expired equine?

I dont want to do this, really I dont.

Im not looking to be Don Quxiote tilting my spear at art museums.

But I also dont want to have to look back one day and ask "What the hell were we thinking?"

Nor do I want to explain to my kids how that big building got there and why.

This is not Roanoke's finest hour, not a good representation of what Roanoke stands for. Rather, as the old saying goes, its not what Roanoke stood for, its what it fell for.

The Art Museum is to Roanoke as the Monorail is to Springfield. Or Gherys Springfield Simphony Hall... Yeah, go watch the Simpsons to get these references.

I don't want to hear in 6 months or a year, Damn that things ugly. I dont want to hear people saying "how did this get here?"

Roanoke is on its knees - but not down yet.

Stand for something.

No comments: