9/26/05

Somethings missing, plus site news.

roanoke.com - Editorials Index - Editorials

This is just something I've noticed, and I could be wrong.

Several weeks ago the Times added a new member to the editorial staff, Christian Trejbal. In his introductory piece, he said he looked forward to being "a voice for youth" and representing a different voice on the Times Editorial staff.

I like to pride myself of being one of those people who actually reads a newspaper cover to cover (exception being the sports section, but I do make a point to read the business section). I can honestly say there have been no editorials which, to me, spoke to the youth or issues facing the youth. Closest I can come to that would be Shanna Flowers column on Older Men/Younger Women.

And that was a column. So Im not sure where Mr. Trejbal has been since his arrival at the Times. There is no differing viewpoint on the editorial page, no "voice for youth" as of yet. Im still hoping to see something soon, any longer and I might think he went back to Bend, Oregon.

And as I said, site update by 10am today. Working on it as we speak.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

check this out http://www.friendster.com/ and let me know what you think. I have not signed up yet. I have some readers from singapore and they use this. I have not had time to really see what it is all about,however it might be of some use to us.

RoanokeFound said...

not something I personally find interesting. I have friends who use it, but I don't see the value in it. Again, thats a personal thing.