8/20/05

"What do you want?" "Information."

"who are you?"
"I am number 2."
"Who is number 1?"
"You are Number 5."
"I AM NOT A NUMBER, I AM A FREE MAN!"

Anyway, that aside - I do need information.

There is a severe shortage of interior photos from Roanoke's old hotels. What did the interior of the Ponce look like? Not the postcard view either - Im talking about the everyday view. People had events there, some came to stay just for a visit - there has to be photos somewhere.

The Hotel Shenendoah, same deal. We all know how it looked towards the end, but what about when it was in its prime? Anyone?

So thats what Im looking for, interior photos from Roanokes Grand Ol' Dames. If you or anyone you know has some, please contact me and I will be more than happy to take them, scan them and return the original to you with a digital copy that will forever be archived. Plus, you get credit if/when I use the photo on the website.

So let me know, if you please.

Thanks.

No comments: