7/13/05

News from The Roanoke Times -An ounce of prevention of county adult stores

So Im reading this story, all about Roanoke Co. limiting the areas in which a non-existant adult shop can open.

I get down to the bottom, and lo and behold - what the hell???

Google Ads!

The Roanoke Times is now running Google Ads on EACH STORY!!!

There were none on the main page however. The Editorial page has them, though the classifieds do not.

Then there is this: http://roanoke.buzznet.com/

Roanoke Times PhotoBlog? No, user edited Roanoke Times photoblog.

With Google Ads.

So what, the 50 cents daily, $1.50 sunday, ad sales, classified ads, and other sources of revenue just wont cut it anymore?Google Ads? On a newspaper?

The mind wobbles.

Otherwise - a pretty much dull newsday at the times. With this exception: "Art Museum will 'cost' Non-Profits."

Im pretty sure I said this a few months ago, but I never re-read what Ive written. So I might be wrong. I know I thought it though. That counts for something

.The foundation has not even been laid, and allready the bedrock is starting to crumble. Poor Art Museum & Solar Reflector.

No comments: