7/6/05

How about a nice "Cuppa Hell-No" Joe

Joe Kennedy

Who is this guy? I understand he is the "region's best writer" by the readers of the Roanoker, but who is he?

And why can he not put together a paragraph? Just give a read to the first 3 paragraphs - or whatever you want to call them.

"My statement explains why, much as I'd like to learn more about the Big One, events beyond my control prevent me from signing on. "

Well, we have his statement, about everything seeming more important when you get older, but no information on what events are beyond his control. Especially considering the Roanoke Times is located basically right across the street from Anglers. There is a severe lack of information there. Obviously learning more about history is not part of "everything." Although everything seems a pretty all inclusive term.

Joe, come on - get a guidebook to writing skills. You know, Standards of Journalistic Writing. That kind of thing.

And Times editors, please - PLEASE fix these colums. They give me headaches.



No comments: