6/8/05

So it was an interesting day

I learned my wife really does not like waiting in emergency rooms. She always said so, but we never had opportunity to test it out. Then came the phantom pain.

We went swimming in the complex pool on Monday (which apparently is some form of sin around here. Heck, the guy opened the pool for us, I didn't know it was supposed to be closed on Monday.) swam for about 2 hours, so nice.. forgot how good it was to get in the water. Been over a year and a half. Next morning, about an hour after waking up, she had this awful pain in her right foot. Right around the ankle. Its been bothering her badly for 2 days now, and today we go to the hospital (no, Im not saying which one - mainly because I like this one).

So we are waiting in the ER waiting room to be called back. They said about 45 minutes, fine - as long as we can get an x-ray and a solution - its all good. Well 45 mins comes and goes - next were onto an hour and a half. Apparently they were heavily booked solid in the back. Wonderful, but still no real information and no sign of any coming.

2 hours in, we still were warming seats, watching the annoying pacing guy pace annoyingly. (redundant, as was his pacing) Watching about 5 of the 20 people get called back, people with serious health issues far above a injured ankle. We could accept that.. she was getting antsy.

Not that I blame her in the least, especially hurting as she was. And considering there was no medical staff present to ask questions to. I would have been asking to see a doctor or nurse by then. But then again, I've never had a sprain of any sort. My one real medical emergency required instant admission. (Yes I am hinting at what's coming in the near future.)

3 hours later, we cant get a straight answer from anyone, she finally packs it in and decided we head home. Fine by me, as I was ready to nap in the waiting room. So that's where it stands - bad communication, no communication, and the annoyingly redundant pacing guy. He was a patient, he had his shirt on backwards, he smiled a whole lot, and he had a strange unnerving bulge under his shirt.

She had enough, and for all the pain she was in - I've never seen anyone gimp faster than she did to get out of there.

Me - I have a strange affinity for hospitals. But I've only been in 1 that I remember clearly.

No comments: