6/6/05

LILEKS (James) Matchbooks (well, not really)

James is BACK!

Damn Ive been waiting for this. Ive been reading Mr. Lileks for a while now, then found out after I moved down here that his column was carried in the Roanoke TImes, something I never had in NY. I was jazzed. Then they bumped him. Its their choice - it's a bad choice, but not mine to make. Demographics or something like that. Whatever.

But now, the Lileks most people don't know unless they have dug through the archives on lileks.com. The Screeds.

James is an angry angry man, he just hides it well behind a mask of bad 70's design, worse 50's and 60's recipies, and perfectly horrid trips to Chuck E Cheese.

Read at your own risk. But do read.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lileks can slice and dice with the best of them (no bad culinary pun intended, lol).

Anonymous said...

Also, I notice that Lileks is talking about a column by Art Critic Terry Teachout (He lives in NY). If you are even remotely interested in art of any kind (from music to film and everything in between) then check out his blog, About Last Night @ www.terryteachout.com . He has pointed me in the direction of some really cool things.

RoanokeFound said...

Art is transient for me. Im interested some days, other days - not so much. I dont follow the art world, but I do rarely paint. Words are my medium, well - medium rare.

Do you work for Orvis? I keep getting hits from there - and now, narrowing it down - Im thinking of pointing a finger....

Anonymous said...

We need to get #1 on WikiRoanoke if they want.

RoanokeFound said...

Hey #1, if ya feel like joining the Wiki board, let us know...