6/3/05

Chapter closed..

For the most part, the chapter I previously spoke of, is ended. With some minor details to finalize - like the other half my pay for the time worked.

I will say this much, it is a sad thing to have a part of your fate decided by someone with no connection to reality. The haze of moonshine (yes, really) has severed the connection. And as well meaning and as kind hearted as they can be, the rage of decades drunk have taken effect.

I feel bad really, because things could have worked so differently. But I'll move on, like I always do - and land somewhere else with a knife in my hand and a cutting board under the blade.

Although I might need a break - do I hear Deli work in my future?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that. Best of luck in the future. Maybe you just need your own restaurant.

Anonymous said...

I am also sorry to hear about this. I hope you are able to bounce back and find an even better job soon. Let me know if you need any help. I am a firefighter and we have connections. So I might be able to hook you up. No promises.

RoanokeFound said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence. Im hoping to have one 2-3 years down the road, unless I hit the mega-millions. Then all bets are off.

Im not sure whats going to happen at Howards - the other cook quit 3 days ago.. We were running off what I made fresh and what I had set up from the week before. Well, if you eat there - I hope its still enjoyable.

Although, I might just have to enter the Chili Cookoff next year. I know I will have one vote at least.