1/26/08

Studying up?

Nelson Harris - age 43 - tanning hero - George Hamilton

Anyone else find it funny that Harris, with his own checkered recent (and past) is reading a book about one of the most corrupt cities in American history?

And he says he sees many parallels between Chi-towns past and our own, and I am sure he does. I would be on the lookout for more in the future if this book is anywhere near in-depth as it should be.

Harris is a student of History, and I am sure he is learning a great many lessons on politics and how to run a city.

I wonder if he has yet to read the history of Tammany Hall?


On a better note - I have to say, my admiration for Mr. Robin Reed just went up a few notches. Anyone who can get the true meaning of Mr. Schultz and Peanuts is a friend in my book.

I've got some other stuff thats been rolling around my head - but that's for another time, you all seem to be enjoying the commentary of "Dissenting Viewpoint."

6 comments:

Jen said...

Robin Reed is cool! (Weather pun intended). I'm amused that "Dissenting Viewpoint" got replies. =)

Masonic Youth said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Masonic Youth said...

That David Michaelis book is the one the Schulz family hates, right?
If it's the one I'm thinking of, the family is pretty much claiming that Michaelis libeled Charles Schulz and portrayed him, as the NY Times puts it, as a "terribly unhappy man."

Masonic Youth said...

Just ran across a review of the aforementioned book from a Kansas newspaper today.

FireFleitz said...

If Robin Reed would just keep his eyes open when he talks I would watch. It grates on my nerves when he sits there talking to the tv viewers with his eyes closed.

Doesn't this bother anyone else?

Anonymous said...

Nah but Hollani Davis' constant misprounciation of R's kills me... and now to Wobin with the weather in Woanoke...