7/30/07

Something (not so) new for you

Don't know if you have ever heard about it - but there is a website that aggregates the local news, and allows you to comment on it. It's called Topix.

I recently signed on to be an editor (simply adding news items into the feed), and would like you all to come over and take a look from time to time.

Topix: Roanoke, VA.

Kinda interesting really, once you sign up (free) you can add stories from various sources or even post your own to the feed.

Anyway, I'll be back with more later - I've got some work to do. The forgotten-lawn awaits.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How can you get your blogs recognized on Google Alerts for Roanoke Virginia... I cannot fugure it out... You are not on there either, but should be coming through...

Unknown said...

Stu,

Go to this search engine:

http://www.dogpile.com/

which combines all search engines and type in search:

roanoke-found

It come right up ... mine too.

RoanokeFound said...

The Google Blog Alert runs off of 2 things - the first being Blogger itself.

The 2nd is harder to explain. It seems to work much like the Google search algorithm, in that it searches by keyword, rank, and authority.

I could explain it - but I'm not sure I could make sense of it. Best to dig around the internets for this one.

RF