5/1/06

Vote for Roanoke in the future tense

Of little suprise today, and for the 38th time since they announced - the Roanoke Times has endorsed TMD "For the City". I suppose the constant choice of letters to the editor polishing the apple for DMT didn't hurt either.

Meh - thats the Times for you. Amazing how a past-tense newspaper can ask you to vote future-tense. The Times is doing a stunning job of extracting themselves from the daily lives of Roanokers.

I told you, if you won't vote for me as Overlord; Vote for McConnel/Revercomb. Two bright lights with the ability to lead, not load. Based on all available statements, platforms, and opinions - I'd say these two understand that the business of Roanoke is a failed business, but can be fixed easily.

Plus, they both promised to keep a seat warm for me, next election cycle comes quickly you know.

This will be the last stand of the Old, Ineffective Roanoke. No matter what happens tomorrow, you can be sure Roanoke will never be the same. It might be another few years before we can fully set our sails for the horizon, but it is happening. Roanoke is going to have some hard decisions put upon it in the next few years, and no matter how much the city council and the governing bodies of Roanoke attempt to hide from those decisions, they will have to be made.

If I cannot do it yet, Revercomb and McConnel can.

Give Roanoke a future.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good decisions, good reasoning. It seems as though voters this year cannot be divided into Democrats and Republicans, but rather those who will vote for the Indie ticket, and those who will not. The ones who will not vote for the Indies have a good batch to choose from: McConnel, Revercomb, Macfarlane, and Bowers. Sure there are arguements for the individuals, but nobody is perfect. That is the way I see it.

Anonymous said...

So are you supporting them because of their policy ideas or b/c of their party affiliation? Either way is cool, I'm just trying to get an idea of how this blog post is framed.

I myself can't really make up my mind, my party (democrats) don't seem to have a great offering this time around-its not terrible but its not exceptional in my eyes. So i'm torn between partisanship and basic support for general policy decisions. For some reason I see this particular city council that will be voted in as being voted in at a time when Roanoke could go either way, towards progress or away from it, and I'd hate to mess up my vote lol.

RoanokeFound said...

I support them because of the platform they are running on, the past of both canidates, and the publicly availabe information on them.

vague enough?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I think it is vague enough. To me this whole election is not about yeah or nay on Victory Stadium, rather whether or not the City Manager will have a City Council who will hold her accountable. The Schools, the roads, the businesses, the good things, the bad things, everything has to be accountable to a plan. Right now it seems as though she is having a hay day raining down her decisions and her plan, without any checks and balances. We need a City Council who will correctly portray what the Citizens want.

RoanokeFound said...

Maybe its time we did away with all this. Change the constitution of the city to reflect the 21st century.

I'll post my ideas on how to do that later, but suffice it to say there would be 1 less city manager, and several more city council seats - oh, and sectional representation.

You'll see it later.