4/6/06

Things have a way of working, don't they?

A good number of the topics I have touched upon in the past are suddenly appearing in the news. A rundown quickly.

WDBJ is asking the tough questions about the AMWV, like "Will the new Art Museum draw enough people?"

The new Lewis-Gale Mecial Center group has purchased the naming rights to Salem's Memorial Baseball Stadium. A reccomendation I made for Victory Stadium, and several other strugging ideas around Roanoke.

Including the Greenways
, which have also recieved Corporate interest.

Historic Tax Credits are being used in 2 locations to keep history alive, not just a vague representation thereof.

And some things defy reason, such as "Dateline NBC" sending "Middle Eastern looking individuals" to NASCAR races to gauge reactions. I could have saved them quite a bit of time on that one, considering in Ol' New York I had a customer of Guyanese origin, who looked very "Middle Eastern" and was one of the biggest NASCAR fans I ever met - to this day. He went to more races, had more Dale and Dale Jr.-wear than I thought existed. Nice guy, truck driver at that. And he would tell me about the reactions he would get at the track. Little to none. It was the source of a joke, "rednecks must think I just have a deep tan."

And just one more little throw-away. First Fridays begins tomorrow, in its new location. But a comment about its old location appears in the listing: "(the former location behind Billy's Ritz is supposed to house a new art museum soon)".

Skeptcisim? Creeping meatball-isim? Or are the questions finally beginning to percolate?

Oh, and no - I don't feel psychic.. for that you need a brain.. and its too early for me to have one of those.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Re. The Museum...I can't help but thinking of that Simpson's episode...what if it turns into the jail? Actually I have a "rumour" I am following up on the jail and it could be interesting...stay tuned.

Re. The Avalanche, they've gotten to the point that all they care about is sponsor $. I used to enjoy going there, but after seeing sponsor's names on the garbage cans, among other dissappointing things, no more.

Re. Dateline, they've always been pathetic in trying to "make" a story, haven't they? Who even takes them seriously?