9/18/05

Another Pleasant Valley Sunday

When your desktop weather forecaster says "Mostly sunny, and delightful," you know it's gonna be nice.

The H&C Coffee sign goes back to the sky today, atop the Hotel Shenandoah. The Hokies committed justifiable homicide in their home opener against Ohio, 45-0. Thanks for showing up though Ohio. You gave us a chance to show that the final score against Duke was not a fluke (Duke Sucks!).

Otherwise, all around a pretty good weekend as things go. Oh right, I have to work today. Which means the expected update to Forgotten-Roanoke.com will not come until Tomorrow, when I am off.

I know I've been putting this off for a while now, I've just had alot on my plate lately. No excuses I know, but still. It should be a good one though when it does go up. I think you might actually enjoy it.

This weekend marks the Harvest Moon, which means you can begin the countdown to Autumn. 4 days away! And for you panicky types - 2349 Hours till Christmas.

43 days to Halloween. 66 days to Thanksgiving. 103 days till we give 2005 the boot, and hope that 2006 is not quite as messy.

So now you've all been caught up to speed.

Oh - one more side note, I know you all grab recipes wherever you can. Foodnetwork.com, cooks.com, and et. al. But I had to share with you my latest discovery.

recipezaar.com One of the best resources I've found yet. Not only do you have recipes, but for some you even have photos of the final product. User reviews, conversions, notations. You can even build and publish your own cookbook.

Just something I found. Enjoy.

No comments: