5/27/05

Thank you one and two

Thats how many people reconized me today at work as "The guy from Forgotten-Roanoke." I must say it is nice to be noticed, but its even nicer to know that people are reading it. I can study the hit counters, and the search word analyzers all I want, but it doesnt mean anyone is actually reading it. Of course, I'll truly know Im having an impact when I get punched in the stomach by some irate citizen, but thats just my idea of success.

So, all in all - it was a good day to open on. We had a nice group of customers, all very appreciative that Eddy saw fit to re-open.

I guess its not a secret anymore - Im working at Howard's Soup Kitchen, and come Tuesday there will be an article in the print edition of the Roanoke Times, along with photos of Jerry and Eddy Howard. The founders of the place. Your humble webmaster does not, as far as I know, appear in any of the photos. I did my best to keep my wonderful face from ruining any of the Brothers Howard photos. And the ambiance of the whole thing.

Hell, I could ruin a brick wall.

But rest assured, your humble servant is still working feverishly on the site, and has thoroughly documented the history of the current Howards Soup Kitchen. And the former Howards location. For further information, see the Ponce De Leon pages. Yes, they were there.

And 102 Franklin Rd.

In all, they are heading into their 26th year in business. Come on out and support them.

And don't come looking for me - Im hiding behind all the steam.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if I was one or two, but it was nice to meet you. I was the one you talked to about the site getting you in trouble. Well I won't be the one punching you in the stomach, more like a pat on the back. By the way the Chile Con Carne was excellent. See you around.