5/21/05

A new mystery

I only wish there was a link I could send you to for this. While scanning ebay I came across a postcard for Reid & Cutshell Furniture. The listing claims Roanoke, Va.

Allright, the best I can come up with is Reid's Fine Furnishings on Grandin, which opened in 1995.

more later

(later - Hat tip to Carilion Memorial Hospital for helping my mother in law)

So like I said, just another damn mystery. But, on a less-mysterious topic:

WHAT a damn beautiful day outside. Days like this make me wish I had a laptop, I'd go liveblogging right from downtown. Think of it - real time photo-blogging. Meh - Then I wouldn't be enjoyning myself and the day.

Were I live, the apartment community you've all seen, we have a pool (opens next weekend) up the top of the hill in our complex.

I never used it last year, and no- that wasnt smart. The #1 complaint of the people who used to live above us (gone, trying to forget them) was that the pool had no bathroom.

They thought so well of their neighbors. Of course, I would have voted them "Most likely to...", well - it goes along with their idea of not having a bathroom at the pool.

The view from the pool is stunning. You look out, well, I'll have to take a picture later. Best as I can figure - you look out northwest, but your looking over the buildings across the street - and out into the valley. The area where the pool is has been terraced. There is the one level with the pool - then a 2nd, nearly deck-like area of grass thats about 10 feet higher than the pool area. I've been up there once, and that is even more breathtaking.

Finally broke down this past winter and picked up some of those folding canvas chairs at WalMart. Hey - they were on clearance. I dont like paying retail for anything..

Maybe I will drag one up there today and just sit and 'ahhhhhhhhhh.....'

You know?

No comments: