4/13/05

If I may direct your attention to Mr. Myatt

roanoke.com - Weather Stories -Spring is about to take a break

I cant stop reading his colums. In NY, we had much advance warning on weather. Very very rarely did something happen that was unexpected. And once you were in a pattern, you stayed in that pattern. Which meant a week of rain, a week of sun, a month of heat and humidity with no cooling.. Basically dull.

Roanoke, being where its situated, doesnt have that problem. You'll have a land-based hurricane raging at us from the west - and when it gets here - we have wind. Maybe a shower. Its kinda fascinating in a geeky way. Ive always been a weather nut, having taken a few classes in umm.. k.. cul.. callage? ;) Back in NY we had weathermen who would eat Mark LaMarr and Robin Reed for lunch. These guys were intense. One used to yell a greeting at the beginning of every forecast. And I mean YELL. "HelllOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Trenton!"

Yeesh

Then we had the father and son team. Dad was warm and wise, son was hyper and intense.

Kevin Myatt kinda reminds me of them.. he has the brains, he has the interest. I can pratically see him drooling over some violent radar. Kinda guy who would love to be on a barrier island during a Cat. 5 hurricane. With a camera.

Oh Im probably wrong about that - most people arent as nuts as I am. And yes, I would lash myself to a lighthouse and ride out a Cat 5.

Yeah I know.. I could sit in the stands at Wicktory Stadium and ride out a flood...

mtf....

No comments: