4/28/05

Allright now.. who did this?

Oh.. I guess I kinda did...

it looks like I will be able to gain access to the Valley Metro Archives for use on Forgotten-Roanoke.com. Thats big. Also - apparently Bev Fitzpatrick has seen the site, and says "hello." Crap, thats big too.

Considering I have spent a good chunk of my life on Public Transport - I guess it kind of makes sense that eventually I would become involved with the local public transport people (groups, associations.. whatever). I used to ride a bus up in NY, I used to call it the "Black Rocket" - it was a 1950's GM "Fishbowl" which had all windows but the front doors tinted black - and the paint was basically gone - so it looked like pure steel. It rode like hell - the rear seat was raised about 5 inches over the rest of them, and had a back window directly behind it. I swear, there were times you didnt know if you were going to hit the roof on a pothole.

I loved that thing, and it was the only one in the MTA Long Island Bus fleet like it. I have no idea why the windows were all tinted, but no other bus had that.

Anyway - just something I remembered.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Did Bev tell you about his bus museum he has. At least I think that it is his. And I think it is considered a museum. Anyways there is a website for it. I found the building by chance one day, and then at a later date I found the website. I will try to find the website and you can link to it maybe